We look forward to welcoming you to Aspire Business School. The information contained in this section is designed to help you prepare for your trip and your future as a student of Aspire Business School. It will answer your questions about what to do before you leave your home country for the Barcelona and what you can expect when you arrive.
- Advice on travel arrangements
- Student visas
- International Student Health Insurance
- Financial Factor
- Information about airport pick-up
- Information and help to find the accommodation
- Assistance to Home Registration (“empadronamiento”)
- Guidance to open a Bank Account
- Help and support to obtain NIE number
- Information about nearby tourist attractions and life in Barcelona
Welcome Day to Aspire Business School
- Welcome Day to Aspire Business School (it is an informative session about the school, the programme and the facilities)
- Discussion on Information in General
- Guided tour through Barcelona
- Welcoming team building (as a social involvement)
- Opportunities to meet academic and other college staff and student representatives
- Check with your airline regarding limits for weight and size for baggage
- In addition, check on restrictions for carry-on baggage
- Ensure you have a valid passport with visa. You will need to present it by the port of entry. Please make photocopies or scan all important documents
- Arrange cash and travelers checks to support yourself until you can open a bank account
- Check the compatibility of any electrical equipment you are bringing
The amount you need to bring will depend on your personal spending habits. We recommend that you bring 500euros –750 Euros in traveler’s checks and 500 Euros in cash to cover your expenses the first few weeks in Barcelona. You should buy traveler’s checks before you leave your home country. Traveler’s checks are much safer than carrying large amounts of cash and can be cashed at airports and most banks. We recommend that you record the serial numbers of your traveler’s checks and to keep them in a safe place in case you lose or misplace them.
If you are planning to use a credit or debit card from your local bank at home, check that you will be able to use the card in the Spain and what charges will be applied to your account. Visa, Visa Electron and MasterCard- are widely accepted in the Spain. Also, in order to use it as a debit card, you will need to know your PIN—the 4 digit Personal Identification Number used to withdraw money from a cash machine (ATM). Without this, you may not be able to use your card to pay for purchases. It is advised that you inform your credit or debit card company that you will be studying abroad to avoid the risk of their freezing your account in suspect of fraud.
Legal Status in Spain
Please find below a list of the procedures that you might have to follow to legalize your stay in Spain. In each category you will find the application forms, lists of the documents you will need to submit and instructions. We strongly advise you to attend the legal workshop, at the beginning of the program, where we can explain it all to you and help you to start some of these procedures.